2. Stretch before and after a new activity. Just a few simple stretches can save you the discomfort later!
3. Drink plenty of water. If you're thirsty, you are already dehydrated! You should drink half your weight in ounces (64 ounces is a good compromise :-) but a minimum of 32 ounces twice a day if you're active and out in the sun!
4. Be a SHADE SEEKER. It's great being active, but it's ok to duck into the shade of a tree every once in awhile. If you have pets outside, make sure they have access to drinking water and shade.
5. Keep a tennis ball in your car. Incase you tweek something keep a tennis ball handy. Wherever it hurts, place the tennis ball directly over the area and lean into it for 30 seconds or more (or lay on the ground if its a upper or lower back or hip twinge.)
6. Or just call me and tell me where you hurt! I deal with a lot of foot, hip, knee, upper and lower back issues in the summer. Give me a call and lets see if we can decrease your discomfort.
7. Have a great summer, ENJOY!
8. Put this number in your phone, just in case! Tracy Massage 701-261-57885